Exploiting the creativity of the region, and Bard College faculty, graduates, and current students, the Da Capo Chamber Players offer their annual “Celebrate Bard” program.
- SoundPaths (2009) Richard Teitelbaum (b. 1939)
for instruments and live electronics; written for the Da Capo Chamber Players.
Ms. Spencer, Ms. Stoops, Mr. Macomber, Mr. Emelianoff, Mr. McMillen
- Beyond the Eye of Orion (1997) Adrienne Elisha
for solo piano
- of f(all)ing (2009) Erica Ball
for violin and cello Mr. Macomber, Mr. Emelianoff
- Phosphorescent Dreams (2008, rev. 2009) Jesse Brown (b. 1986)
for solo piano Mr. McMillen
- blues for the new millennium (2000) Bruce Wolosoff (b. 1955)
for clarinet, violin and piano Ms. Stoops, Mr. Macomber, Mr. Emelianoff
- Valentine Trills (1996) Joan Tower (b. 1938)
for solo flute
- Platinum Spirals (1976) Joan Tower (b. 1938)
for solo violin
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17, 2010 8:00 P.M.
BARD HALL, BARD COLLEGE
The concerts of the Da Capo Chamber Players are made possible in part with public funds from:
- NEW YORK STATE COUNCIL ON THE ARTS
- NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS which believes that a great nation deserves great art
- NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF CULTURAL AFFAIRS
They are also made possible with private funds from:
AARON COPLAND FUND FOR MUSIC
ALICE M. DITSON FUND OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF COMPOSERS, AUTHORS, AND PUBLISHERS
HULBERT CHARITABLE TRUST
THE FAN FOX AND LESLIE R. SAMUELS FOUNDATION
THE ZETHUS FUND
and generous individuals, listed separately in the program notes.